Simes Law is an up-and-coming boutique employment and human rights law firm. Our lawyers possess strength and passion for their work. We are dedicated to translating complex employment laws into clear and understandable concepts so that employers and employees know their rights, obligations, and options.
Why Simes Law?
- Hybrid work flexibility
- A small and close-knit working environment
- Mentoring and support to develop your career
- Check us out at simeslaw.com
About the role:
- Advise individual and business clients on a wide range of workplace issues, including but not limited to employment standards, human rights, terminations, employment contracts, health & safety, workplace policies, and harassment & discrimination at the workplace;
- Draft legal correspondence, briefs, pleadings;
- Attend mediations, discoveries, and other court proceedings;
- Conduct research and analyze documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and strategy;
- Support the firm’s business development initiatives, identify opportunities to promote brand awareness, and build individual profiles.
About the successful candidate:
- A member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- 2 to 5 years of Employment Law experience;
- Superior communication, drafting skills and strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and within a team.
Location: Hybrid remote, mandatory in-person attendance in Toronto (Yonge & Bloor) but flexibility on days and times
Expected Start Date: February 2024
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume to Nicole Simes at [email protected] with the subject line: Associate Lawyer Application. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.